This notice sets out how we, SonicWall Shop will use your personal data so we are transparent with you and you feel that you are in control of your information. Please read this notice with care as by using this site you agree this privacy notice.
Who are we?
- SonicWall Shop is owned and operated by Breathe Technology Limited (registered office: Camboro Business Park, Oakington Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0QH)
The Data Protection Officer for Breathe Technology has high-level responsibility for monitoring compliance with all relevant data protection regulation, including the use and processing of your personal information, relating to our GDPR obligations. They are also the lead contact for the main data protection regulator The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with regard to potential complaints or breaches of the regulations by Breathe Technology.
What information do we hold?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including:
- Your title
- Your first name and surname
- Organisation Name
- Organisation Address
- Your Telephone numbers
- Email address
- IP addresses
- Encrypted payment information *
* We do not keep card information if you purchase from us, as we use intermediaries such Paypal and Stripe.
We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Why we gather the information that we obtain
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations and responding to queries).
We also collect Device Information to assess scurity risks, measure performance or for marketing reasons where selected preferences allow.
How do we use your information?
We use Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. (We may send you information that you haven’t explicitly asked for but we believe that the information is relevant and of legitimate interest.)
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store (you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy). We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site (you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
"Do Not Track"
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
Your specific rights under data protection legislation which are listed below. SonicWall Shop's parent company Breathe Technology have measures and processes in place in order to deal with any requests made when exercising these rights:
- Your right to access the personal data we hold on you. You can request all data we hold on you. You have the right to contact us to request this using one of the contact method stated below. We will review this and provide you with this information at the earliest opportunity and at least within 30 days from receipt of your request.
- The right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete. We strive to ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date data, however, please advise us as soon as possible, if any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate.
- The right to request that your personal data is removed or deleted where there is no legal basis for this data to be processed any longer.
- The right to restrict the processing of your data. When you want to contest the accuracy of the data we hold on you or you object to the processing in some way or you feel the processing of data needs restricting because it’s unlawful
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services or organisations if this is technically viable
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest, direct marketing or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- The right to withdraw your consent that you provided to us at any time. (Please note that if you withdraw your consent we will be unable to process anything on your insurance policy including a claim or complaint)
- The right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a Supervisory Authority
The relevant Supervisory Authority is The Information Commissioners Office (ICO), please visit their website which advises the best method to contact them, www.ico.org.uk
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records for 6 years, unless or until you ask us to delete this information.
We will not keep any personal data longer than necessary for the purposes that we are processing it.
To exercise any of your rights mentioned above or with any specific queries on the personal data we hold on you, please contact us by post or email on the below details:
The SonicWall Shop Data Protection Officer
Breathe Technology Ltd
Camboro Business Park